There are 61 hedge fund managers, worth £75m or more, in the list of Britain’s richest 1,000 people to be published on Sunday.
Alan Howard, who heads Brevan Howard, is Britain’s richest hedge fund manager, with a personal fortune of £1.5 billion, according to the 25th annual Sunday Times Rich List – the definitive guide to wealth in Britain and Ireland – to be published on April 21.
Ranked 48= overall in the 2013 Sunday Times Rich List, Howard retains his place among the country’s 50 richest people.
The wealthiest new entrant to The Sunday Times Hedge Fund Rich List for 2013 is Michael Cohen, worth £300m, who was head of Och-Ziff Capital Management until last month.
Here's the top 25:
1. Alan Howard, Brevan Howard 2013 wealth
£1,500m (2012 wealth £1,400m)
2. Alexander Knaster, Pamplona Capital Management
3. Michael Platt, BlueCrest Capital
4. Michael Hintze, CQS
5. David Harding, Winton Capital
6. Crispin Odey and Nichola Pease, Odey Asset Management
7. Martin Hughes, Toscafund
8. Sir John Beckwith, Rivercrest Capital
9. Yan Huo, Capula Investment Management
10=. (new) Michael Cohen, Och-Ziff Capital Management
10=. Andy Hall, Astenbeck Capital Management
10=. Steven Heinz, Lansdowne Partners
10=. Sir Paul Ruddock, Lansdowne Partners
14. (new) Osman Murgian, Winton Capital
15. (new) Ewan Kirk, Cantab Capital Partners
16=. Paul Marshall, Marshall Wace
16=. Ian Wace, Marshall Wace
18. Greg Coffey, GC Macro Fund
19. Chris Levett, Clive Capital
20. Pierre Lagrange, Man Group
21. Chris Rokos, Brevan Howard
22. Jeremy Hosking, Marathon Asset Management
23=. William Arah, Marathon Asset Management
23=. Neil Ostrer, Marathon Asset Management
25. Jonathan Green, GLG