Chelsea are into the semi-finals of the Europa League, and must fancy their chances of silverware.
Chelsea made it through against Rubin Kazan, after a tough battle in Russia, going through on away goals.
In midfield for Chelsea was teenager Nathan Ake, an 18-year-old wearing the club's number 57 shirt.
The midfielder could not have been placed in a more daunting and pressurised environment to make only his third professional appearance - but came through it with flying battles.
It was a challenge for him, of that there can be no question, but he rolled his sleeves up and got stuck in - to the joy of supporters.
The statistics from the game prove just that;
- Ake's passing accuracy was 82 per cent - the highest of any Chelsea midfielder or attacker.
- He made six tackles, the joint highest of any player on the pitch - only matched by Ramires.
- Ake made seven interceptions - the most any other Chelsea player made was two, with one Kazan player making five.
- The four clearances he made were the third highest of any Chelsea player, bettered only by defenders Luiz and Terry.
- Ake touched the ball 60 times, 25 times more than fellow midfielder Ramires.
While despite his efforts Chelsea lost on the night, the Blues did the job they needed to, just about - and Ake was central to that.
The Dutchman did not look overawed and did not play like a rookie, he appeared as though he had been a fixture in Chelsea's midfield for years.
Most Chelsea fans will surely agree, that they hope he does just that - for Ake really looks as though he has the capability to be a future star - not only that - But he is ready now.
How good can Ake become for Chelsea?
image: © Paulo Pabis