Emmanuel Adebayor became a laughing stock on Twitter for his penalty gaffe against Basel last night.
Tottenham fans shouldn't complain too much, given the fact Emmanuel Adebayor scored a crucial goal against Inter Milan which sealed their qualification for the quarter-final - but really his penalty run-up and miss was embarrassing.
The former Gunner quickly became a laughing stock by virtue of his 'effort'. Here are 10 of the best wisecracks made about his disastrous penalty.
1) BREAKING: All flights suspended over Europe tonight, as Emmanuel Adebayor's penalty is still rising (via @bbcsporf)
2) Switched to the golf and Adebayor's ball has just landed on the 13th green. He's sure to miss the putt. (via @garylineker)
3) If the world goes on for long enough, Adebayor, Baggio and Waddle's balls will all collide at some point. (via @stevo_football)
4) Breaking news: Adebayor's penalty hits North Korea, sparking the declaration of nuclear war. (via @ashhover)
5) We've had the "Ronaldo stutter", the "Pirlo chip"...Now we have the "Adebayor pregnant giraffe run up".... (via @thegrove_)
6) Been trying to think up an excuse for Adebayor's penalty miss... But then it hit me (via @gcraven92)
8) Innovative penalty technique by Adebayor - combining football, rugby and, um, dressage (via @jimshelley17)
9) Visions of Arsenal fans running the length of Adebayor's driveway tomorrow to celebration-skid to his front door on their knees. (via @scotcomfc)
10) What a shame Adebayor forgot to wear his red nose and squirty flower tonight. One of my favourite routines yet though (via @tommyboings)
Does Adebayor have a future at Tottenham?
image: © wonker