The agent of Lazio full-back Pedro Cavanda has ‘welcomed’ talk of a switch from Serie A to North London.
"Arsenal's interest? I don't know about it, but if there is interest then we would be flattered," Ulisse Savini told calciomercato.it
1) Cavanda is a 22 years of age, born January 2nd 1991 in Luanda, Angola. However, he has played at youth level for Belgium’s U21s, U19s, and U18s.
2) He’s a right-back and has made a total of 29 appearances for Lazio’s senior team in that position, 24 appearances in all competitions this season.
3) He is current valued at £1.2 million but Lazio may sell for less due to his current contract which expires in June 2014, meaning he could walk away as a free agent in little over a year’s time.
4) Cavanda is 6ft3” tall yet unusually mobile for player of his physique. He provides a strong and dominant aerial presence in the box both defending and attacking set-pieces.
5) He made his first Serie A start for Lazio up against former World Player of the Year and World Cup winner Ronaldinho who he managed to keep quiet for the majority of the game which Lazio drew 1-1 against the eventual champions back in 2010/11.
Should Arsenal chose to follow up their reported interest with a transfer bid for the youngster, he could very well provide a long-term solution to replacing Bacary Sagna should he refuse to renew his contract with the Gunners.
Whilst Cavanda is likely one of a number of manager Arsene Wenger’s targets, at around £1 million, he would represent an astute and intelligent signing for Arsenal looking ahead to the future.
image: © lodekka