Forget The Onion. We'll have a serving of The Oatmeal.
It was an innocent thing that brought us to The Oatmeal: We couldn't remember if e.g. had punctuation after the letters or not. (It does.) And so we Googled it, and found a funny comic strip showing how to correctly use e.g. and i.e.:
What on earth was this silliness, and what else was out there? This silliness is the product of a former-website-designer-now-comic-artist named Matthew Inman, who lives in Seattle. He creates crazy comics about topics that interest him, like:
- Why Nikola Tesla was the greatest geek who ever lived
- Tipping & Tooting - a comic about people who wait tables
- How to suck at your religion
- What we should have been taught our senior year of high school
- What it means when you say "literally"
There are also some funny quizzes (like How many tapeworms could live in your stomach? and How many Justin Biebers could you take in a fight?), and a number of crazy things you can buy.
Like oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins and walnuts, so good and so good for you.