Manchester United have been linked with signing Sandro from Porto.
Manchester United's fascination with Portugal's Primera Liga continues, with the latest player to be linked with the club being Porto's left-back, Alex Sandro.
The Mail claim Sandro is a target to replace 31-year-old Patrice Evra, despite the fact the Frenchman could be set to sign a new contract extension, and the small matter of United signing Alex Buttner last summer and having Fabio da Silva to return from QPR.
But setting aside our doubts over such a move momentarily, who exactly is he?
Here are five facts about him...
1) Sandro is 22-years-old and has played at Porto since 2011, when he was signed from Neymar's club, Santos.
2) The left-back has made 26 appearances for his club this season, scoring once and providing three assists - including two in the Champions League.
3) He is a Brazil international with five caps to his name - But has not featured under new coach Luiz Scolari since he took over the Selecao last Autumn.
4) His debut for Porto was a dream - Sandro's first ever game was an 8-0 Portuguese Cup win over minnows Para Pinheiro.
5) Sandro was part of Brazil's Olympic squad last summer which played at London 2012 winning the silver medal, playing alongside United right-back Rafael.
Check him out in action, he has scored some quite outrageous goals...
Would he be a good signing for United or one they can do without?
image: © dioxido