Here's a note of 11 things that happened this day in history.
1. 1400 - Owain Glyndŵr is declared Prince of Wales by his followers
2. 1810 - Mexico began its revolt against Spanish rule
3. 1920 - A bomb rocked Wall Street killing, 38 people and wounding over 400. Although the crime was never solved, the action was widely attributed to radical anarchists
4. 1932 - Gandhi began a fast in protest of the British government's decision to separate India's electoral system by caste
5. 1970 - Jimi Hendrix made his final public appearance. He appeared with Eric Burdon and War at a club in London.
6. 1977 - The singer Marc Bolan was killed in car crash in South-West London
7. 1978 - Thousands were killed in Iran following an earthquake which measured 7.7 on the Richter scale
8. 1982 - Phalangist militiamen began a massacre of Palestinians at the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps. Within two days, 1,000 men, women, and children were dead
9. 1986 - At least 177 Kinross miners died during a lethal fire in a South African gold mine
10. 1993 - Frasier, a spin-off of the long-running mega-hit sitcom Cheers, debuted on NBC
11. 2009 - US rapper, Jay-Z, breaks Elvis Presley’s record as the solo artist with the most number one albums. The Blueprint 3 became Jay-Z’s eleventh number one
Source: BBC, Wikipedia, historyorb.com, infoplease.com, history.co.uk, brainyhistory.com, on-this-day.com