Manchester United and Liverpool have got their eyes on Vasco da Gama defender Dede. Here is a little more about him.
Manchester United and Liverpoo are always looking to invest in solid and consistent players, regardless of whether they are teenagers or have broken into their earl 20s.
Dede is one such player and if reports are to be believed, United are very serious about adding this Brazilian into their squad to compete alongside Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic for places, while Liverpool need a replacement for Jamie Carragher.
Here are five facts about him...
- He can play in two positions; as a centre back or as a textbook sweeper and he’s over six feet three inches tall.
- Dede has made 126 appearances for Vasco de Gama and has scored 14 goals since joining the side in 2009.
- He was called into the Brazilian national squad for the first time for a friendly against Germany. He’s made six appearances for his country so far.
- The defender was voted the best right back in Brazil for his appearances during 2010, where he predominantly played in his sweeper role.
- Notably he is one of the faces of Marco1924, a clock which celebrates Vasco de Gama’s campaign against racism in football.
A good potential signing?
image: © Gordon Flood