Liverpool are close to signing Manuel Iturra from Malaga according to reports.
Manuel Iturra will become one of Europe's hottest properties when he becomes a free agent in the summer, and Liverpool are said to be quite sensibly trying to get in there early to secure his signature.
Malaga midfielder Iturra is claimed to be 'on his way to Liverpool', according to a report in Portuguese newspaper A Bola published yesterday evening.
Since then the news has been reported by Talksport, but there has been no verification from player or either club to back up claims that a deal is close to being done.
Nevertheless he certainly remains a possibility for Liverpool and likely target, so we have put together a few facts about the player to help fans learn more about him...
1) Iturrais a Chilean midfielder with 33 international caps and one goal to his name - a winner in a friendly against Ireland in 2006.
2) He is 28-years-old and has only spent one season at Malaga, signing on a one-year deal last summer but has impressed enough to be linked with a switch to Anfield.
3) Iturra has made seven La Liga starts this season and nine substitute appearances, with five starts in the Champions League.
4) Anfield won't daunt him. Iturra once played in front of a crowd of 105,000 people at the Estadio Azteca in Mexico City in an international friendly.
5) Iturra spent the majority of his career with Chilean club Universidad, moving to Europe in 2011 on loan with Portuguese side Uniao Leira and Spaniards Murcia, before signing as a free agent with Malaga last summer.
Here he is stealing into score against Barcelona last month...
What do you think of Iturra - A potentially good signing for Liverpool?