Deutsche Bank has announced it has been ranked No. 1 for the second consecutive year in Institutional Investor’s All-Europe Research, Sales and Trading Team survey, the benchmark on the region’s best sell-side equity sales, trading and research teams for 2013.
Deutsche Bank received the No. 1 placed ranking in the All-Europe Research Team for the third consecutive year, and the No. 1 ranking in the All-Europe Sales Team and All-Europe Trading Team for the second consecutive year.
Deutsche Bank also ranked No. 1 in the Institutional Investor Europe’s Top Corporate Access Providers survey, which identifies the brokerages that provide the best access to key executives at European companies.
David Folkerts-Landau, Global Head of Research at Deutsche Bank, said: 'We are proud to be number one in Europe for a third consecutive year, which is an impressive achievement. The award demonstrates that our clients recognise the quality and relevance of our analysis and underpins our commitment to be the leading equity research team in Europe'.
Garth Ritchie, Global Head of Equities at Deutsche Bank, said: 'This achievement is independent recognition of our commitment to becoming the No. 1 European equities franchise. There is no stronger endorsement than that of our clients'.
38 Deutsche Bank equity research sector and country teams were ranked. Ten teams achieved a No.1 rank, which are:
- Aerospace & Defence: Benjamin Fidler & team
- Banks: Jason Napier, Matt Spick & team
- Biotechnology: Holger Blum, Richard Parkes & team
- Chemicals: Timothy Jones & team
- Economics: Gilles Moec, Mark Wall & team
- Equity Derivatives: Simon Carter, Pamela Finelli & team
- Germany: Andreas Neubauer & team
- Quantitative Research: Spyros Mesomeris & team
- Retailing/General: Rodney Whitehead & team
- Small & Midcapitalisation Stocks: Benjamin Kohnke, Uwe Schupp & team
Nearly 2,150 money managers at over 760 institutions managing an estimated $5.6 trillion in European equities responded to the All-Europe Research Team survey .
Deutsche Bank has a leading global Research platform with equity analysts present in more than 29 countries and four-fifths of stocks covered by analysts in their home markets, more than any other bulge-bracket firm.