Here are the big updates you need to know as the winter transfer window closes…
DONE - Nacho Monreal has moved to Arsenal from Spanish club Malaga on a four and a half year deal. The fee is rumoured to be around €13 million. Monreal will be cup tied for the Champions League.
DONE - Tottenham duo Andros Townsend and Jermaine Jenas have both moved to QPR. Jenas has completed an 18 month permanent switch, whilst Townsend arrives on loan until the end of the season.
DONE - Aston Villa are have signed winger Simon Dawkins on loan from Tottenham Hotspur.
DONE - John Stones has completed his move from Barnsley to Everton for an undisclosed fee.
DONE - QPR striker DJ Campbelll has moved to Blackburn Rovers.
DONE - Stoke City have completed the signing of goalkeeper Jack Butland on a four and a half year deal, and agreed to send the youngster back on loan to Birmingham City for the rest of the season.
RELEASED - Newcastle United and Xisco have parted company, with the player’s contract terminated by mutual consent.
ODEMWINGIE - The strangest story of the day ended with Peter Odemwingie still lurking around Loftus Road but unable to force a move to QPR. West Brom are not happy about it all, and the striker will likely face an awkward few days of training when he returns to the Midlands.
Main deals of the day
- QPR completed the biggest Premier League deal of deadline day so far by snapping up Chris Samba for a club record £12.5 million.
- David Beckham has passed his medical and signed a five-month deal with Paris Saint-Germain. He will be donating his salary to a Paris based charity.
- Shakhtar Donetsk manager Mircea Lucescu has confirmed that Chelsea and Tottenham transfer target Willian is finalising a £30 million move to Anzhi Makhachkala.
- 29 year old Bulgarian right back Stanislav Manolev has joined fellow compatriot Dimitar Berbatov at Fulham. Manolev has initially joined on loan with a view to a permanent move in the summer.
- Mario Balotelli has completed his £19 million move from Manchester City and even scored his first goal for the club in a friendly today.
- Danny Graham has left Swansea and signed a £5 million three-and-a-half-year deal with Sunderland.
- Luciano Becchio has completed a move to Norwich with Leeds United receiving Steve Morison in exchange for the Argentine.
- Leeds have signed striker Habib Habibou on loan from Zuite Waregem until the end of the season.
- Urby Emanuelson has re-joined former manager at Ajax Martin Jol at Fulham.
- Aston Villa have signed Yacouba Sylla from Clermont Foot.
- Brek Shea has been granted a work permit and completed a £2.5 million move to Stoke City.
- Liverpool goalkeeper Alexander Doni has joined Brazilian side Botafogo.
image: © joncandy