Manchester City seem to be about to go after one of Corinthians’ best young players, currently on loan at Roma in Serie A.
The biggest clubs are always on the hunt for the next teenage star and Manchester City have set their sights on Marquinhos of Corinthians. He is rated as one of the best young defenders in Brazil and is expected to make Corinthians a tidy profit when they eventually move him on.
1) He’s a tall central defender at six feet who can play on the right or left side of the centre of defence.
2) He has played for Brazil at Under-17 level and been named in squads at Under-20 and Under-23 level, without making an appearance.
3) He was signed by Corinthians at the age of just eight-years-old where he has spent his entire career, discounting his loan move to Roma.
4) He’s made twice as many appearances for Roma, 12, than he has during his entire time at Corinthians.
5) He’s won two honours as a player at Corinthians; Copa Sao Paolo de Futebol Junior 2012 and the Copa Libertadores 2012.
What do you make of him Manchester City fans?
image: © geetarchurchy