Liverpool are sending scouts to watch Marco Rojas of Melbourne Victory this weekend. Here is a little insight into him.
Liverpool and Juventus both seem keen on signing one of the A-League’s biggest stars with both clubs reportedly sending scouts to watch him play this weekend. He’s scored 10 goals in 15 league games this season so it’s worth knowing a bit about him.
1) He is only 21-years-old and is a tiny striker coming in at five feet and six inches tall giving him a natural low centre of gravity.
2) He signed for current club Melbourne Victory at the start of spring in 2011. He signed a two-year deal which expires this year.
3) He has played for three clubs during his career; Waikato FC, Wellington Phoenix and Melbourne Victory, making his A-League debut at just 17.
5) He has represented New Zealand at three different levels; Under-20, Under-23 and senior level.
6) He can play two different positions; as a winger or as an attacking central midfield player just behind a main striker.
Tell us what you think Liverpool fans, a potentially positive investment?
image: © Vincent Teeuwen