Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly lining up a January transfer bid for Hamburg contract rebel Son Heung-Min, reportedly around £8 million, who has also been linked with interest from Liverpool.
Here is all you need to know about him...
1) The 20-year-old South Korean was born in Chuncheon, Gangwon on the 8th July 1992.
2) The high-school drop-out left Dongbuk High School at just 16 years of age, back in 2008 and joined Humburg SV’s youth academy. He signed his first professional contract two years later on his 18th birthday.
3) Despite his youth, he has made 12 appearances for the South Korean national team scoring just one senior goal to date.
4) His father is a former player of South Korea and went on to become a manager upon his retirement.
5) His father has also asked the current national team coach not to select his son in the imemediate future as he believes he needs time to rest, mature and develop his potential. The national team coach Cho Kwang-Rae has responded by saying he intends to call the player up if he’s needed, regardless of his father’s request.
6) This season he has made 17 starts for Hamburg’s senior side and scored 6 goals.
7) He’s a two-footed attacking player whose versatility makes him dangerous – he can play as a striker, a winger, or an attacking midfielder and, what’s more, he doesn’t mind where he plays as long as he plays.
8) His best physical attribute is his pace – for a 6ft forward, he’s surprisingly mobile.
9) Technically he is a superb craftsman with the ball at his feet – his dribbling is exquisite and will only improve as he develops.
10) His composure in front of goal is remarkable for a player of his age – his finishing is improving consistently. This season he has got 11 shots in target out of 26 and his work-rate, like many of his countrymen, is second to none. It’s culturally and socially unacceptable to be lazy or complacent.
image: © fotoecke