The Nacional de Madeira full-back does not have a Wiki page, so why not have a look below for a lowdown on the talent.
A report in the Sun today revealed that Everton were looking at potentially bringing in Brazilian left-back Marcal from Portuguese outfit Nacional de Madeira. The move comes as speculation intensifies over the future of current positional incumbent Leighton Baines.
The talented young man is currently contracted to the Portuguese side until the summer of 2015 and could be available for as cheap as £1 million.
Currently he does not yet have a Wikipedia page so if you want the low-down on the player here is a top-ten list of facts about Marcal.
1. Fernando Marcal de Oliveira was born on the 19th February 1989 making him 23-years-old.
2. The Brazilian started his career in the Paulista A2 division of Brazilian football with Guaratingueta; a club once part-owned by former Samba stars Rivaldo and Cesar Sampaio.
3. His first team in Europe was Portuguese lower league outfit S.C.U Torreense playing in Portugal’s third tier. He scored one goal for the club in half a season before signing for current club Nacional in last season’s January transfer window.
4. Nacional was a childhood club of ex-Manchester United and current Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.
5. He has since gone on to establish himself as the undisputed first choice left-back for the Madeira-based outfit.
6. His chunky physique and ability to roam forward has earned him comparisons to former Brazilian full-back Roberto Carlos.
7. Everton face stiff competition in the hunt for his signature. The likes of French outfit Monaco and Bundesliga side Hamburg have been rumoured to hold an interest in the talented full-back.
8. Meanwhile Ajax are also looking into his signature in the event of Daley Blind’s departure after seeing their initial bid for Lille full-back Lucas Digne denied.
9. Despite foreign interest a move to the UK may seem more likely due to his agent, Briton Lee Payne. Other clients include Grant Holt, Ben Foster, Arsenal youngsters Jernade Meade and Reice Charles-Cook; as well as former Portsmouth striker Svetoslav Todorov.
10. He was also the agent of a former Everton player. Rodrigo was one of David Moyes first signings while in charge at Goodison and Payne could take another Brazilian to Goodison Park for a hopefully less injury hit campaign.
Would you like Moyes to take a risk on this talent?
image: © wonker