Ten facts about Tottenham’s Croatian midfield target Anas Sharbini.
Tottenham have been linked with a move for Croatian international midfielder Anas Sharbini. Initial reports have suggested that his agent is in touch over a possible move for the play marker. Here are ten facts about him.
1) He was chosen as captain of Rijeka at the age of just 19-years-old. He made 72 appearances for the club and scored28 goals.
2) He signed for Hajduk Split in August 2009 on the basis that his brother would be included in the transfer to the club.
3) He has represented Croatia at six different levels of international football: Under-16, Under-17, Under-18, Under-19, Under-21 and full senior level.
4) His total career record currently reads 167 games for all clubs and internationals with a return rate of 48 goals making him just below a 1 in 3 player.
5) His most prolific spell for Croatia came in the Under-19 side where he scored six goals in 11 starts.
6) He was sold to Al-Ittihad in the summer of 2012 for a transfer fee of around £1 million where he has made nine appearances to date without scoring.
7) He can play two positions effectively; left midfield and attacking midfield. He was used as a left winger at Hajduk Split but plays centrally for Al-Ittihad.
8) He was selected by IMScouting as a player to watch due to his performances for Rijeka and he was tracked by a number of top European clubs.
9) He is just 25-years-old and stands at a height of just over five feet 11 inches suggesting he has a long time left in football and a low centre of gravity.
10) He has Europa League experience from playing with Hajduk Split and was selected as a Croatian reserve for Euro 2008 and he was also in the squad for the World Cup qualifier against England in 2009.
Is this a good potential signing for Spurs?
image: © hollidaypics