Angelo Henriquez is one of the most exciting young strikers contracted to Manchester United. He was meant to be going to play in the South America Under-20 Championship this month but United insisted he goes out on loan to Wigan to gain Premier League experience.
Here are five facts about the 18-year-old Chilean.
1) Henriquez started his sporting career wanting to play tennis. He played up until the age of 12-years-old and only switched to football at 13.
2) He played just 17 matches for Universidad de Chile before he officially became a Manchester United player. He scored 11 goals for his first professional club between 2011 and 2012.
3) He has represented Chile at five different levels of international football; Under 15, Under 17, Under 20, Under 23 and at senior level. He scored 14 goals in ten appearances for the Under 20 side.
4) Henriquez has been with United since the summer. He has only just been sent out on loan as a governing body endorsement has prevented him from playing Premier League football until this January.
5) Henriquez has a brother, Cesar Henriquez, who is also a professional football player. He plays for Palestino in the Chilean league.
Do you think this is a good move for Wigan and Henriquez himself?
image: © illarterate