Here are five facts about Tom Rogic, a gifted attacking midfielder on the verge of joining Reading from the Australian League.
It was clear Reading needed to bring in additional players this January to fend off the threat of relegation. Tom Rogic is a 20-year-old Australian on the verge of signing for the side from the Central Coast Mariners. His contract with the Australian side expires in May which means this could be good business for the struggling Premier League club.
Here are five facts about the player.
1) As a Junior, Rogic won a competition called The Chance and was rated as one of the best eight young players in the world in 2011.
2) He made his professional debut for the Central Coast Mariners on January 21 2012 during the 2011/2012 season match against Adelaide United.
3) He rejected the chance to move to an unnamed Australian side during the summer opting to stay with current side CCM where he has scored five goals in 24 matches.
4) He’s made one appearance for the Australian Under 23 side and four appearances for the full Australian senior team.
5) The history of Rogic’s family lays in Serbia. He was born in Griffith, Australia and was born and bred in the country and he has only ever played for Australian teams and clubs.
Is this a good signing for Reading considering their current position?
image: © brokenkey