Liverpool have been frequently criticised this season in terms of club and players.
Here are some interesting facts from their Premier League season so far courtesy of thepremierleagueowl.com.
Liverpool currently sit just inside the bottom half of the table. They have been inconsistent at home and away with a number of players criticised by fans and neutrals on a weekly basis. Here are a few facts that form the proof of the pudding.
1) Liverpool are ninth in terms of aggression in their games with 20.2 tackles per match. This shows they are competitive and aren’t afraid to get stuck in over the course of 90 important minutes.
2) They are ranked above both Manchester City and Manchester United with 12.6 interceptions per match on average. This suggests they have players who read the game more effectively than the two teams going for the title.
3) Liverpool have 19 shots on goal per match on average. This is more than any other side in the Premier League. Remarkable considering the flack the manager and the side has got for only having Luis Suarez as a high profile striker.
4) Joe Allen has made a total of 1127 passes in all matches this season. He has completed 1023 of those passes meaning a successful percentage of 90.8%. Steven Gerrard’s pass success rate is only 85.7%.
5) Raheem Sterling is fouled more times on average than any other player in the Premier League; 2.6 times per game. This simply adds to the suggestion that he is one of the most dangerous wingers in the league at the moment.
6) Steven Gerrard has made three assists this season, more than any of his teammates and Liverpool don’t have a single player in the top 20 for assists suggesting the workload has been effectively shared around.
image: © kong niffe