Tottenham target Carlos Sanchez has said he would certainly settle for a switch to White Hart Lane, despite his true dream being of donning the red shirt of Manchester United.
Carlos Sanchez has indicated he would be willing to let go of his Manchester United dream and sign a deal with Tottenham Hotspur if the deal presented itself, but who is he?
The winger was linked with Spurs earlier this week and was responding to the speculation when put to him by reporters.
He said: "I heard the rumour about Tottenham, immediately everyone started to send me messages and phoned me asking if it was true.
"I am very happy that a team like that is interested in me, we'll see in the future what happens. I once said that I had the dream of playing at Manchester United, but I am happy about the interest of Tottenham."
So who exactly is Carlos Sanchez? Here are five facts about him...
1) Sanchez is 28 and plays for Argentine giants River Plate, and has been with the club since 2011.
2) He hails from Uruguay and plays on the right wing, but has yet to earn an international cap.
3) Sanchez used to play for Liverpool, but not the club based in Merseyside. The Liverpool he started his career with are based in Uruguayan capital Montevideo.
4) He is not to be confused with another Carlos Sanchez, also linked with a move to England. His namesake is a Colombian central midfielder who plays for French side Valenciennes and is interesting Southampton.
5) Sanchez has made 17 appearances so far this season for River Plate, and has scored four goals.
Watch him in action below netting a strike voted Argentina's October goal of the month. Skip to 1:40 in the video to see it.
Is Sanchez worth taking a punt on? How much would you bid for him?
image: © DanielHP