Tottenham's youngsters produced a sensational result in Spain last night, thrashing Barcelona 4-1, confirming the sizzling potential in their side. Barcelona had beaten Spurs 2-0 in London in September, so the win was an upset to the form book, and the style of it even more notable.
Spurs are now level on points with Barcelona at the top of their group, and coach Alex Inglethorpe described the showing as 'outstanding'.
Shaquile Coulthirst rightly stole the headlines, by scoring a perfect hattrick, one with his left foot, one with his right, and one with his head.
So what can we tell you about the youngster? Here are five facts about him...
1) Coulthirst is a London born Spurs prospect, originating from Hackney, east London and celebrated his 18th birthday just six days ago.
2) He is a striker and is edging Ivory Coast starlet Souleymane Coulibaly as Spurs' most promising goalscoring prospect, as evidenced last night.
3) The dreadlocked youngster was Spurs' under-18 side top scorer last year, with 11 goals in 21 appearances.
4) He is currently the joint NextGen Series top scorer with four this season, alongside teammate Alex Pritchard and Ajax teen Viktor Fischer, and netted the winner in last year's competition against Liverpool.
5) Coulthirst certainly going the right way to win over the Spurs support, as you can see from this Tweet he sent last week, mocking Arsenal after their defeat to United.
Another Trophy-Less Season For Arsenal...#COYS Loool— Shaq Coulthirst(@ShaqCoulthirst) October 30, 2012
How long is it before Coulthirst gets a first team call-up?
image: © tonypeters