John Carson, Jr., former CEO of Morgan Keegan, takes over as head of the combined Fixed Income and Public Finance divisions and will be president and executive committee member of the parent company. Kevin Giddis will serve as head of Fixed Income and Robert A. Baird as head of Public Finance under Carson’s leadership. James P. Sickling takes over as Fixed Income chief operating officer and reports to Giddis.
'I am pleased with the leadership team that has resulted from our integration efforts', Reilly said. 'I’m confident that the combination of our two firms will grow an even more formidable franchise'.
Carson was appointed CEO of Morgan Keegan & Company in March 2008. Prior to that, he served as president of the Fixed Income Capital Markets division for more than four years, overseeing sales, trading, research and investment banking for the institutional division. Carson joined the firm in 1994, bringing an extensive, 16-year background in trading of Treasury, government and mortgage-backed securities on Wall Street. A graduate of Dartmouth College, Carson obtained his MBA from Harvard Business School.
Giddis joined Morgan Keegan in 1998 to lead its retail fixed income trading desk and was named head of Fixed Income Sales, Trading and Research in 2008 before becoming president of the Fixed Income Capital Markets division in 2010. He graduated from the University of Southern Mississippi.
Baird, a 31-year veteran with Morgan Keegan, joined the firm in 1979 as a public finance investment banker and headed the firm's fixed income investment banking effort from 1996 to 2010. Under Baird’s leadership, Morgan Keegan consistently ranked as one of the leading senior managers of long-term municipal issues in the nation. He currently serves on the municipal securities executive committee of the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association. Rob graduated from the University of Tennessee.
A 26-year veteran of fixed income trading, Sickling has managed the institutional taxable fixed income trading desk at Raymond James since 1993. Previously, he was manager of Institutional Government, Agency and Corporate Trading for Kemper Securities in Chicago. Sickling earned his bachelor’s degree at Clemson University.
Other appointments announced Monday reflect a thoughtful and diligent selection process involving leaders from both Raymond James and Morgan Keegan organizations.
- John Forney and Gavin Murrey are co-associate heads of Public Finance.
- Bill Specht and Steve Lawrence are co-heads of Fixed Income Sales for the combined organization. Bill is principally responsible for oversight of the sales branch network and leading the division’s international sales effort. Steve is principally responsible for account management across the taxable and municipal platforms.
- Reporting to Lawrence, Mat Parker is sales manager for depository accounts; Jim Breitman is sales manager for insurance and investment manager accounts; John Hirt is sales manager for public funds accounts; Bob McEwan is sales manager of the rookie sales program; and Chris Boudreau and Ted Hynes serve as co-sales managers for the designated municipal group.
- Calvin Sullivan serves as chief strategy officer, responsible for directing the division’s strategic planning and development efforts.
- Horace Carter is head of Fixed Income Trading.
- Terry Robertson serves as director of Fixed Income Research, a department encompassing sector analysis and strategy, asset/liability services, and portfolio accounting. Overseeing these efforts under Terry’s leadership are Dodd Williams, SJ Guzzo and John Richardson, respectively.
- Howard Benz is director of the Portfolio Strategies group, a newly-created department tasked with providing portfolio-level analysis and recommendations to our fixed income clients.
- Tom Snyder is the head of Fixed Income Sales & Trading Operations, with Bob Howley overseeing middle office functions.
- Girish Lulla is director of Fixed Income Technology.
- Chris Perkins serves as head of Mortgage-Backed Securities Trading.
- Bill Mueller and Joe Larizza serve as co-heads of Government/Agency Trading.
- Will Watts is head of Corporate Trading.
- Brian Linde serves as head of Structured Products Trading, an operation comprising ABS (including non-agency RMBS and CMBS) and derivatives.
- Rick Spell is head of Whole Loan Trading, with Scott Thomas managing the combined organization’s SBA trading activities.
- Jonathan Nordstrom serves as head of Municipal Products, with Peter Delahunt responsible for overseeing municipal trading.
- Ernie DiLorenzo is head of CD Trading.