Here's the 9 most unprofessional things that interviewers do to jobseekers.
1. Keep them waiting - a massive power play
2. Not reading their CVs before the interview commences - lazy and disrespectful
3. Keep looking at their watch in a not-to-subtle attempt to hurry the interview along - an indication of the interviewer's (probably over-inflated) sense of their own self-importance
4. Not listening to candidate responses to questions - a clear indication that the interviewer is going through the motions
5. Not offering refreshments (even if it is only a glass of water) - displays a lack of common courtesy, or the fact that the interviewer isn't important enough themselves to be able to dispense with tea / coffee
6. Taking phone calls / answering text messages during the interview - another indication that, in the scheme of things, you aren't important
7. Not taking any notes - unless they have total recall, it's clear that there's little likelihood of your interview being successful.
8. Not turning up and sending a (clearly) more junior replacement - a real slight (better to postpone the interview)
9. Not following through like they said they would / promised - a typical sign that many interviewers are really only there under sufferance
image: © Fernando de Sousa